Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Long Service Leave Quilts

Here is the latest update on my quilts I started while on Long Service Leave at the end of 2006.
Numbers 2 and 3 are finally complete.
This one used 5" floral squares from a fabric club and was constructed using the "Shabby" style. My niece received it for her second birthday.








In this one I used the remaining 5" squares from a fabric club. I cut two squares in half and joined each opposite, then cut in half again and rejoined to get 4 patch squares. Matching colours I came up with the twelve blocks separated by a 1 inch sashing but I wasn't happy with it. Have you ever placed out your quilt blocks, stood back and thought "Oh, how on earth can I fix it?" So I bundled them up, took them into our next Patchwork get-together and said "Help!" There's always someone who can come up with the perfect solution. Kerry suggested the narrow cream sashings within each block and I think its turned out very well.

Number 4 is sandwiched and awaiting quilting, in among my other partly completed projects.
Narelle

No comments: